Sunday, June 30, 2013

Driving (Part 2)

Sorry for my absenteeism, blame it on the shit university life has been throwing at me mercilessly.

I was torn in between the predicament on whether to dread about my current miserable study life or to write about what I have achieved for the past few days (which was nothing to even begin with) so I've decided to extend my previous post and story about an unfortunate event.

Like I said, I have neither been involved in an accident nor have I killed anyone with my driving skills so no, it was nothing serious.

What happened was I got lost. Well maybe to you it sounds like some adventurous de tour but definitely the otherwise for me. I tell you, it was like two hours of horror ride in a serial killer's car. I haven't driven anywhere further than my university just so you know.

It was back in November on the way to my friend's birthday party somewhere in Bandar Utama, I think. I was supposed to meet up with my other friends in SS15 which is just a few minutes away from my university so that I could carpool with them and I was pretty confident I knew where the hell SS15 was until I took the freaking wrong turn towards the OPPOSITE direction. Hooray!

Before I forget, luckily I had Lovania to go through this horror ride with me. Unlucky for me, she's a foreigner and she obviously know nuts about directions here. To top that, I have the worst sense of direction anyone can ever have. So our journey began.

I tried looking for a U-turn so that I could turn back to where I was supposed to go but and there was none. All I could do was to go straight and God knows where the road was taking me lol. It was 7pm and it was getting darker by the minute. I called my friends and told them not to wait for me because there was a higher chance for me to die in a car crash than to reach SS15 on time. I couldn't even ask them for directions because I didn't even know where the flip I was.

Thank God the petrol and my phone's battery was full. At least I could keep driving for another 300km in case.... I stopped at the side of nowhere to check on Google Map. It was my only hope. Keyed in the birthday girl's home and oh, that's really near. Or so I thought. I kept driving until I passed by one toll. Two tolls. Three tolls. At one point I was freaking out because the signboard says Ipoh. Mother of flippers.

It started raining and it started to get pretty jammed. Google Map is shit. At first it was okay until a point where it says turn right but there was absolutely no way I could turn right, unless I want to crash into the road dividers then yes I could actually turn right. It happened a few times and it kept recalculating routes. I was relying my life on you, bitch. The past few times I've used it with my parents it worked like magic. It had to fail on me the only time I was alone with someone who knows nothing about the roads here. Stupid prick.

I told Lovania I give up, can we just go home? Lol then I thought, who am I kidding?.... I didn't know the way home either. So we continued our miserable journey. Just to go to Bandar Utama, I've passed by a total of six tolls and places like KLCC, Damansara, Sunway Giza (in memory of my first ever flashmob), Midvalley and Ikea. I was actually wondering how the flip did I end up in Ikea. That was also when I realized Ikea is near 1U. I'm a failed Malaysian.

Stopped by the roadside and finally called for directions. I don't know if it's fated or what but there happened to be a friend of the birthday girl who has a GPS brain. I'm not kidding. She directed my from where I was to the house with exact details. And the house was in some deep deep place like HOW DID SHE KNOW THE PLACE SO DAMN WELL. I forgot her name but whoever you are, I worship you!!!

We ended up reaching 2 hours late hahaa. I didn't want to risk another round of horror ride so I tailed my friend's car all the way back to Sunway after the party.

What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment