Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Presentations

Today marks exactly a month since my first blog post. My baby is one month old now yayy! 15 posts (if I haven't deleted any) is an amazing achievement right? One month sounds like a short period of time but looking back, there's like thousands of things happened in just the span of a freaking month. I have underestimated time.

So for the past few days I've been so busy and pressured with my presentations (meanwhile my brother having the time of his life in Phuket). As for the first formal presentation (yesterday) of the semester, me and my group did a campaign proposal that revolves around an issue in front of 3 lecturers. Among the 5 groups, one of the group's proposal will be chosen (also will be getting the highest marks) to be carried out the next semester. So far two groups have presented.

The first group got shot down so badly by the lecturers and as we were going next, that definitely boosted our confidence (to the point of zero) as if we weren't nervous enough already. I was literally shivering my teeth off. Even the two natural speakers were sweating bullets wtf. Being next to present feels like being next in line for a jab. The reaction of the person in front of you is enough to make you shit in your pants.

The oddest thing happened though. The lecturers seemed somewhat interested in our proposal. They were giving advises and comments on how to improve but didn't shoot us down like the first group. That was a good and a bad sign at the same time because I sure as hell don't want my campaign to be chosen. For the first time I'm only aiming for the second best lol.

Well actually I don't think anyone would want their campaign to be chosen because then the group with the chosen campaign would have to lead the rest to make the campaign happen which would be a freaking burden. So as of now, I'm hoping at least one of the 3 other groups comes up with a genius plan that would make the lecturers cry rainbow tears. YOU GUYS HAVE MY BLESSINGS.

After our campaign proposal we had another presentation the following day (today). So I only had a few hours to practice my part, usually I'll have one or two days because I suck so badly in presentations. But it went well. I'm so proud of my improvement in presentations :'D I came into this course with presentations being the only thing I worry/fear the most. You must then be wondering of all courses, I had to choose the Communication degree right? I was a lost soul, trust me.

I remember during my high school days throughout the year, the only thing I was so scared of was presentations, although we only had two. I had a serious case of presentation phobia. HAHA! I can't say I'm excellent now but definitely made major improvements.

So, 2 done, 3 more to go then it's the finals. Yay (in the most monotonous tone).

No comments:

Post a Comment